Quote for the Day
Quote for the Day is a novelty program intended to provide amusement and entertainment. When run, it displays random quotes from the rich and famous.
Quotes within the program range from nonsensical and utterly useless, to providing a serious outlook on life. Efforts have been made to provide a balance between funny and serious quotes, but they should all provide you with a few moments pleasure.
Some will make you chuckle, some may make you laugh, others will make you nod your head in agreement and some may even enlighten you or challenge you to think.
Originally released as Shareware for the PC market in 1994.
- 1500 random quotes
- Large easy to read text
- Colourful display with images related to the profession of quotees
- Works on modern Windows computers
Requirements were 512k RAM, DOS 3.3 upwards and a VGA or better monitor to run on.
In 1997, work began on a Windows version of Quote for the Day. Although getting very near to completion, production was stopped when Bozz Software's founder (Dave Barton) entered the corporate world of IT.
- Customisable background screens to brighten up your desktop
- The ability to print quotes with a variety of decorative borders
- A quote database with search facility and the ability to add your own
- An options screen including automatic quote refresh intervals and screen size
- The ability to remain above other programs so you can see it in a small window whilst you work on other programs
Below are a number of screenshots from the nearly finished product:
As below, plans are to finalise a better version in the future and release it.
The mobile version of Quote for the Day was a novelty program for Java capable mobile phones. When run, it displayed random quotes, with the ability to search and SMS them to contacts within your phone.
Sadly, it was released a little too late in 2009, just as the now ubiquitous iPhone and Android were coming onto the market.
- 1500+ random quotes. That's one a day for nearly five years!
- Search quotes and their source for key words and phrases
- Send quotes via SMS text message to numbers within your phone's contact list *
- Customisable display, including the ability to set colours
- Memory store of custom settings as well as your last search phrase
- Attractive display with images related to the profession of quotees
- Generic screen resize facility, meaning it works well even on low-end mobiles with low resolution screens
- Works on colour and greyscale phones
- Easy to use interface
* Phone model and / or settings dependent
Screens on each phone model varied slightly from the screenshots shown due to a generic resize facility that made the program work on any J2ME compatible phone, regardless of screen size.
Plans to re-release Bozz Software's back-catalogue are constantly on the back burner, looking for those all important few months spare to get things underway.
If you would be interested in developing any of our Products under license for Bozz Software or would like to register your interest in them, please contact me with your details:
- Email: Contact Us
Please note, all Bozz Software products past and present are protected by international copyright law. Any attempt to replicate them in whole or in part without the explicit permission of Bozz Software will be pursued through legal channels.